Title: Software Engineer – Embedded / Hardware
Reports to: V.P. of Software
About Resolution Development Services
Headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts, Resolution is a New England based Product Development Company servicing clients in the United States, Canada, and Asia. Resolution employs senior level engineers and program managers who are experts in bringing to market Medical Device and Life Science products.
Resolution’s staff consists of hardware, software, mechanical, machine vision, and systems engineers allowing us to service our clients’ wide range of product development needs. Resolution has designed ablation devices, custom imaging sensors, handheld medical devices, and clinical analyzers for the Medical Device, Life Science, and Hospital markets.
Resolution’s software engineers must work closely with the customer, and internal mechanical and hardware staff to ensure that the final product meets the client’s expectations.
- To effectively work on a fast-paced development team to develop custom engineering solutions
- Conceptualize and design software solutions to challenging software solutions
- Generate and maintain requirements and design documents throughout the development process
- Develop well-written software that is commented
- Present & participate in Design Reviews by peers and management
- Generate Test Protocols and Processes
- EXCELLENT customer skills
- Able to work in a fast pace, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications
- Must be proficient in embedded programming for instrumentation and devices
- Must have a working knowledge of FPGAs and CPLDs
- Must be proficient at designing hardware using FPGAs, Micro’s, ADCs, DACs, motor control and common communication protocols (i2c, SPI, Ethernet, and USB)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts and communication protocols
- Must be capable of writing the following types: device drivers, firmware uploader, interrupts driven code, multiple threads, and state machines.
- Experience having had worked with a development team using a source control system
- Experience using a bug tracking system and ability to be open-minded working through issues
- Knowledge of the software development cycle (end-to-end development/test experience)
- Ability to design and implement test tools independently
- Be willing to learn and quickly learn new technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and work well with others
- Highly proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Some travel could be required from time to time
- Must have worked in C++ and C# and have a working knowledge of C
- Must have worked with multithreading, object-oriented programming and .NET
- Some scripting experience is a plus (Perl, Python or Matlab)
- A qualified candidate will have a B.Sc. in Engineering or Computer Science
- A qualified candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
Interested candidates please email resumes to email@example.com