Resolution’s team uses a holistic approach to software development. We take the time to understand customer use models to help author clear requirements and to perform comprehensive testing. For highly regulated industries, conforming to quality regulations such as IEC 62304, ISO 9001, or various IEEE standards is just the beginning of the development journey to high quality, robust, user-friendly, and maintainable software.
- Data Management Software for Hospital Point of Care Devices
- Endoscope System User Software
- Application Software for Windows and Linux
- Data Management Software with Connectivity via Cellular networks
- Ablation Device front-end and control software
Why Resolution for Software Development
Writing software for devices (handhelds, analyzers, and systems that need to communicate with data management servers such as DiCOM) is much different than developing a webpage or an app for a mobile device. Resolution’s software engineering staff are experts in developing software solutions for Linux, Windows, Windows CE, Free RTOS, and other real-time platforms that typically reside on a device or analyzer and need to communicate to a 3rd party system, i.e. HIS, LIS, LIMs, DiCOM servers or other 3rd party data management systems for non-medical systems.
- Interface Design
- Integration to Hardware
- OS Migration
- Data Storage
- Image Processing
- Embedded Systems
- FPGA / DSP
- C#, C/C++, .Net
- Windows Apps
“I first contacted Resolution Development in 2009 about writing a custom piece of software that would allow my organization to register and track precipitants in our annual motorcycle poker run. The version 1.0 of the software served us extremely well for 5 years, cutting the average time we spent registering someone in half. In 2014, I reached back out to Resolution to see if we could resolve some issues with our legacy equipment.
After several weeks of work by the team at Resolution a product was delivered that is light years beyond anything I could have dreamed of. The software is fast, simple to use, and incredibly reliable. Jeff and Leo’s team not only rewrote our old software, they implemented it on 3 Windows RT tablets as the QCIS backend server was running on a Windows 7 laptop. All four devices were communicating with each other over a wifi/3G data hotspot with zero problems. Everything worked perfectly out of the box. To top everything off, all of this hardware and software was being used on a street corner in the middle of a motorcycle rally that had an estimated 400,000 people in attendance. Our final rider tally for this year (2014) was 593 entrants and 802 hands played. This has been the best year of our contest in 13 years. I have no doubt it was in a large part due to the work Resolution Development did for my organization.
We are not the biggest client Resolution has; however, I will go on record to say we will be the most loyal client they will ever have.”
—David Welch, Treasurer and IT Manager, IAFF Local 2866, Fayetteville, Arkansas
Our Testing Philosophy
We firmly believe that all good software development starts and ends with a solid testing and verification strategy. Resolution has seen that simple protocol testing is insufficient to guarantee that no critical or major defects exist in the product at the time of launch. Our team takes great pride in developing a 4 prong strategy for testing all of our software prior to release to our customers.
- Protocol Testing — Protocol testing is used to confirm that all of the software requirements listed in the SRS and PRD have been implemented and function as expected.
- Automation Testing — Resolution implements automation test scripts wherever possible to quickly regression test incremental builds and use this form of testing as a “smoke test” prior to formal verification.
- Unit Testing — We strategically unit test critical modules of the software to ensure the base architecture is robust and fault-tolerant.
- Ad-Hoc testing — Our test engineers spend a significant amount attempting to “break” the software to verify that the numerous unplanned paths a customer may take do not cause a crash or unexpected result.
Resolution offers all of our clients an online bug tracking system, allowing our clients to track the progress of our testing and enter bugs as they find them as well.
Our Software Tools for Development
- Source Control — Subversion
- Bug Tracking — Mantis